Our first time in Venice and it was an amazing experience. Below are some travel tips to make your travel to Venice and other locations in Europe stress free.
1. Travel light as much as possible. We only brought a small suitcase carry-on suite case and a hand carry bag for each of us.
2. Ensure your COVID vaccine card is updated at least 14 days before travel and no more than 270 days old during your travel.
3. Negative COVID test results is required returning back to US. There are two testing site at the Venice airport, but they don’t open until 7am and 8am.
4. Most common transportation from the airport to Venice is by boat. The cheapest one is public transportation with Alilaguna company that cost 27 euros round trip.
5. You’ll need a N95 grade mask to travel on a public transportation in Italy.
6. Wear comfortable shoes because foot transportation is your only option once on the island of Venice.
7. Use credit card for purchases to get the best exchange rates, or withdraw from the ATM to get the best rates for cash. Buying euros with cash at exchages gives you the worst rates plus they charge around 15% commission rate.
8. During spring time light jacket and coat is enough when the sun goes down.